Achievement for All’s Emotion Coaching is designed to embed and measure the impact of Emotion Coaching on the effectiveness of teaching and learning in schools and other education settings.
Research has shown that Emotion Coaching enables adults to communicate more effectively and consistently with children about emotions, particularly in emotionally charged situations, leading to a reduction in stress and an increase in wellbeing and readiness to learn.
Emotion coached children:
- Are more emotionally stable
- Are more resilient
- Achieve more academically
- Are more popular
- Have fewer behavioural problems
- Have greater resistance to disease and illness.
The impact on adults is also compelling:
- Improved staff wellbeing as evidenced by a decrease in staff absence
- Improved family life for children and their families
- Improved teacher reactions and response to pupil emotions
- Improved school staff self-regulation which supports positive interactions with pupils
- Increased sense of practice competency and setting ethos
Emotion Coaching helps children to self-regulate and manage their own emotions by developing self-awareness and generating nurturing relationships.
Our coaches, trained by the founders of Emotion Coaching UK using an evidence-based model of theory and practice, work with schools and settings to embed a whole-setting approach to the principles of Emotion Coaching.
The programme is available as either a three or six visit (half day) coaching model:
- An initial desktop review to identify areas of need and generate a training and implementation plan
- An assigned Achievement Coach who will train and then work with identified school leaders (senior and middle) to plan and facilitate the cascading of training to members of the school community including parents/carers.
All the content of the 3-visit model plus:
- Coach support for staff to implement and fine tune their approaches to Emotion Coaching Offer
- A comprehensive evaluation to assess impact to include learning walks, behaviour and exclusion data reviews, teacher/parent/child interviews (a particularly useful evidence trail when reporting to Governors, Ofsted and/or Estyn).
Emotion Coaching is supported by 24/7 access to ‘The Achievement for All Bubble’ (online professional development portal) including interactive materials to support the cascading of Emotional Coaching training in your school or setting.
To register or if you have any questions, please get in touch.