“Transition is not just a physical move to a new room, it needs to be about aligning practice, developing shared understanding and building bridges for children to cross, not hurdles for them to leap over”
– Maureen Hunt, Programme Lead, Achievement for All
Building on the success of our award-winning Achieving Schools and Achieving Early programmes, Achieving Early Firm Foundation works with school and setting leaders, staff, families and carers to identify, help and monitor the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children at the start of their journey through school.
Our individually tailored plans are aligned with Ofsted findings, and feature expert coaching, professional development, and develop partnerships to engage parents, carers and children from the beginning of the Early Years Foundation Stage, developing outstanding practice, enabling children to make a smooth transition to Key Stage One and beyond.
With a focus on the four interdependent and mutually supporting elements of leadership, progress and learning, wider outcomes and wellbeing, and parent and carer engagement, we support setting and school leaders to develop whole school child-centred practice, ensuring the needs of the child are always paramount.
“The Achievement for All programme has played a significant role in supporting our progress. The key focus in our first year was on maths, and the impact on data is significant, with children arriving at our school well below age-related expectations and leaving our school above”
– Headteacher, Primary School, Blackpool
Schools and settings who join Achieving Early Firm Foundation benefit from:
- Individual development plans specially created to meet the needs of the school
- Direct support for school and setting leaders from our highly-trained Achievement Coaches
- A wider network of almost 5,000 early years settings, schools and colleges, including, when possible, any neighbouring pre-schools and nurseries
- Partnerships with an array of governmental departments and agencies, third-sector organisations, and businesses, such as Microsoft's Digital Literacy Project
- Rigorous monitoring of the programme's success, through an ongoing process of tracking and review
Download the Achieving Early Firm Foundation leaflet here.