The Every Child Included in Education campaign exists to make social mobility real for all children and their families and to improve the lives of disadvantaged, vulnerable and underachieving children and young people in England.
The campaign is led by Achievement for All and backed by a wide-ranging coalition of individuals and organisations spanning the education, social mobility, business, policy and third sectors.
Working collectively, Every Child Included in Education will deliver against five co-developed priorities outlined in its manifesto including:
- Promote kindness and wellbeing in education, business and third sector settings. We need to address mental health, character and resilience through culture and mutuality, celebrating tolerance, patience, friendship, creatively and problem solving
- Further investment across all phases of education that should result in a socially and culturally relevant curriculum, increasing attainment in reading, writing and mathematics, enhancing life chances and culminating in a meaningful destination for every child
- Greater focus on teachers as professional learners through recruitment, retention and CPD that includes an enhanced understanding of the way disadvantaged and vulnerable children learn
- Reduce children and young people being excluded in education through cross-agency collaboration to minimise the number of children and young people at risk and to close the gap for SEND, too often the marginalised and forgotten group
- Increase recognition of parents, carers and wider communities as crucial partners in the improvement of learning and life chances for every child
The manifesto was launched in March 2018 at a milestone event at the House of Lords, sponsored by Lord Jim Knight of Weybridge.
Every Child Included in Education is backed by a wide range of organisations, schools and individuals including the Association of Senior Children’s and Education Librarians (ASCEL), Academies Enterprise Trust, Best Practice Network, Enabling Enterprise, Fair Education Alliance, Teach First, Place2Be, British Science Association, CPDBee, The Good Schools Guide, Lord Lucas, Teacher Development Trust, Parentkind, NatSIP, The Earl of Listowel and The Nurture Group Network.
Over the coming months the Every Child Included in Education campaign will collaborate with leaders from business, third sector, education (state and independent across all phases and type), Regional School Commissioners, Opportunity Area Boards, Teaching Schools Alliances and Research Schools as well as policy makers, commissioners, senior government officials, parents, carers, children and young people.
To register your interest in becoming a supporter, please email Laura.Smith@afaeducation.org
Click here to read the full manifesto
Download the launch press release here.