Location: Llanelli, Carmarthenshire (home based with travel) start date January 2018
Do you have Secondary school leadership or local authority school improvement experience with a sound understanding of Additional Learning Needs (ALN)?
Achievement for All is a leading not-for-profit organisation that has worked with in partnership with early years settings, schools and colleges, improving outcomes for all children and young people vulnerable to underachievement regardless of background, challenge or need. Our school programme was introduced in Wales in 2014 as a pilot by the Central South Consortium, to focus on to narrowing the attainment gap for pupils who are disadvantaged and/or identified with having Additional Learning Needs.
Through regular coaching visits, INSET training and on-line community of practice support, Achievement Coaches work in partnership with the nominated school leader to create and implement a tailored and individualised school-specific programme plan to support leadership, teaching and learning, parental engagement and to develop wider outcomes. Initially the commitment will be to work with one Secondary School. This will entail 4 half days coaching visits per term underpinned by our impactful programme.
You will be a self-motivated, positive and flexible team player who sees solutions. Achievement Coaches need to demonstrate how they meet the following:
- A successful track-record in an SLT level role or advisory level experience in school improvement;
- A belief that all pupils can learn and progress and share our values;
- Excellent coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Up-to-date knowledge of policy and practice in SEN/ALN and school education broadly;
- Competent Welsh speaker
- Excellent organisational and time management skills ensuring that visit reports and termly reports are completed accurately and on time.The are 2 possible models for working with us:
- Opportunity to work with like-minded professionals and a values based culture
- Initial training on our programme, toolkit and online resources for schools plus CPD
- Contributory personal pension scheme
- Potential for further work as additional schools are recruited to the programme
- Salary for this work is £2,965 per annum (c15 days /year commitment including visits, prep, admin, CPD)
Achievement for All aims to build a community of best practice and for this reason is offering the opportunity for Local Authorities and schools to second SLT/school improvement staff to the programme, compensated through a backfill contribution payment invoiced at £200 per full day (exc VAT) plus mileage. The commitment is approximately 10-12 days per year including training.
Further information is provided in the Job description or call the HR team on 01635 282769.
If your experience, skills and motivations match the job description please apply below:
Closing date: 21 October 2017
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and clearances.