Variable Hours – Part Time
Start: November 2018
Regions: West London/Richmond, Surrey
Do you have previous experience of working with looked after and previously looked after children in either a Designated Teacher or Virtual School/SLT role?
Are you passionate about working with settings to support them in raising the aspirations and attainment of their pupils? Do you want to work with like-minded colleagues who share your values and can make a difference?
Our successful Achievement for All Programme is tailored to meet the specific needs of the settings. Working closely together, we create a tailored two-year programme that's driven by the specific needs and challenges, delivered in partnership with leaders, teachers, parents and support professionals to improve outcomes for children looked after, vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils in English, Maths and Literacy.
Through regular coaching visits, and on-line support materials, Achievement Coaches work in partnership with the nominated school leader to create and implement a tailored and individualised school-specific programme plan to support leadership, teaching and learning, parental engagement and to develop wider outcomes.
We are looking for professionals with previous Designated Teacher or Virtual School SLT experience who are flexible as the volume of work varies. You will be a self-motivated and flexible team player and someone who sees solutions. Achievement Coaches typically have:
- A belief that all pupils can learn and progress, whatever their backgrounds and share our values;
- Previous experience in Virtual School leadership or Designated Teacher or equivalent
- Good coaching and interpersonal skills;
- A successful track-record working in to transform outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils;
- Up-to-date knowledge of policy and practice in SEN;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills ensuring that online visit and termly reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Pro rata for part-time (employed based on fulltime equivalent of £42,240plus up to £3k pro rata London Weighting allowance for staff living in London)
• Childcare Vouchers- Salary Sacrifice - Contributory Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Part of a great professional community and the opportunity to change the lives of others
How to Apply
Please email the application and diversity forms to firstname.lastname@example.org Contact 01635 282769
Closing Date: 31 July