Variable Hours – Part Time c 0.1fte initially
Regions: Suffolk or Kent or Cambridge (home based with travel)
Are you passionate about working with schools to support them in raising the aspirations and attainment of their pupils? Do you want to work with like-minded colleagues who share your values and can make a difference?
Our successful Achievement for All Schools Programme is tailored to meet the specific needs of schools. Working closely together, we create a tailored two-year programme that's driven by the specific needs and challenges of the school or setting, delivered in partnership with leaders, teachers, parents, pupils, and support professionals to improve outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged children in English, Maths and Literacy.
Through regular coaching visits, and on-line support materials, Achievement Coaches work in partnership with the nominated school leader to create and implement a tailored and individualised school-specific programme plan to support leadership, teaching and learning, parental engagement and to develop wider outcomes.
We are looking for a professional with a Primary and Early Years background (Secondary also welcome) to initially coach 2 settings for approximately half a day a week. You will be a self-motivated and flexible team player and someone who sees solutions. Achievement Coaches typically have:
- A belief that all pupils can learn and progress, whatever their backgrounds and share our values;
- Previous experience at a leadership level in Schools or at Local Authority Advisor level experience in school improvement;
- Good coaching and interpersonal skills;
- A successful track-record working in maintained English schools to transform outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils;
- Up-to-date knowledge of policy and practice in SEN;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills ensuring that online visit and termly reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
• Pro rata for part-time (employed based on fulltime equivalent of £42,240) • Childcare Vouchers- Salary Sacrifice - Contributory Pension Scheme • Generous annual leave entitlement • Approximately half a day a week of work with potential for growth • Part of a great professional community and the opportunity to change the lives of others
How to Apply
Please fill in the Application Form and Opportunity Monitoring Form below.
To find out more about our achievements visit: www.afaeducation.org or call Tel: 01635 282769 for an informal conversation.
Closing date: 17:00 August 20th, 2018
Interviews: 6 September 2018 (in London)
Please email application and diversity forms to firstname.lastname@example.org